About The Intro Classes
We offer two different Intro To Aerial Classes. One takes place on Aerial Silks, the other on Aerial Hoop.
These shorter classes (60 minutes), are designed to safely teach you the basics on either aerial silks or aerial hoop, depending on which class you sign up for. Once you have learned the foundations, you can sign up for one of our 90 minute classes if you’d like to learn more on silks or hoop.
Aerial Hoop (also known as luftring, cerceau, and lyra) is a metal ring suspended from the ceiling. It is on a swivel which allows you spin and create mesmerizing sequences of strength, flexibility, and balance poses. Aerial Silks (also known as fabric, tissue, or vertikaltuch) is a beautiful and challenging form of aerial art and fitness. These two long strands of fabric look stunning, but take a lot of strength and coordination to master. Both offer unique challenges and rewards, it’s hard to guess which one you’ll like more!
The Intro to Aerial classes are designed for students that have never done any aerial work before, or those that want to take a step back and work on the fundamental techniques needed for more difficult moves. Not sure if the Intro classes are good for you? Send us a message and let us know what kind of experience you have and we can find the best fit for you.
Aerial fitness is a great way to challenge both your body and your mind. With a good foundation you will start to develop the muscles, body control, brain power, and endurance to help push yourself higher.
Key Benefits of Aerial Fitness
- Strengthen and lengthen muscles
- Improve core strength and balance
- Deep stretches and relaxation by utilizing gravity
- Release of tension from the spine and joints
- Strengthening of the circulatory system
- A unique and fun class!
- This class can be booked as a one-time workout, or you can book multiple classes for a better discount. You may drop in on this class, but it’s recommended that you make a reservation so you’re guaranteed a spot.
- If this is your first class, please around 15/20 min early. We will give you a brief tour have you fill out some paperwork.
- Please read our FAQ for more details about clothing, our studio, etc. Or send us an email and we’ll be happy to fill you in.
- Students arriving more than ten minutes late will not be admitted to the class (without refund). This is for your safety and that of the other students.
- Any class with fewer than five students will be shortened to an hour. Trust us, you’ll still be exhausted!